* Giving Birth: The Castle Experience * (New Class) [NOW FULL]
Please note: This class is now full and is not accepting further registrants.
Designed and taught by experienced labor and delivery nurses, this class is specifically geared for couples giving birth at Castle Medical Center. You will learn different aspects of the birth experience, from preparing for the hospital to caring for you and your baby, as well as everything in between.
This class is suggested for couples in their 3rd trimester.
- To understand the stages of labor and be able to explain the process of labor
- To demonstrate different positions of labor and relaxation techniques
- To understand the purpose and expectations of a support person
- To recognize the warning signs of pregnancy complications such as preeclampsia
- To demonstrate breathing techniques and explain the pushing phase of labor
- To understand the different procedures that can occur in the labor and birth process
- To explain expectations of pain management and what is available
- To verbalize the purpose of a birth plan and hospital preparations
- To recognize when to come to the hospital and expectations upon arrival
- To understand the purpose of cesarean births and the process involved
- To understand the postpartum process and self care
- To understand how to care for your baby and what to expect once the baby is home
- To verbalize some of the benefits of breastfeeding and various techniques
- To understand the stressors of new parenthood and the various resources available
Castle Medical Center (lower level, across hall from Auditorium)
Dates and Times
4 sessions: Each Thursday, June 6–27, 6–8 p.m.
Castle Employee Couples—$40.00
Please call (808) 263-5400 for more information.