Castle Medical Center takes pride in providing its associates with a
great benefits package. The following is a partial list of benefits
offered to all hospital associates who work for Castle full time or part
time at least twenty hours per week:
- Medical Insurance:
Associates can select from one of two plans offered by
Hawai‘i Medical Services Association (HMSA): the Preferred Provider
Plan and the Health Maintenance Organization (HMO). Both plans include
- Prescription drug program
- Vision plan
- Dental plan.
- Flexible Spending Account:
Associates can elect to have a certain portion of their pay
set aside in a tax-exempt account for the purpose of paying for
medical or dependent care.
- Life Insurance:
Castle provides basic life insurance and accidental death insurance
to all associates. Associates have the option of purchasing additional
life and accidental death insurance for themselves, their spouses,
and/or dependent children.
- Retirement Plan:
Castle’s defined contribution pension plan has the following
- Every associate has a basic retirement plan account. The hospital
makes a contribution to these accounts every pay period.
- Associates can elect to contribute a portion of their pay to
their retirement account each pay period.
- The hospital will match, up to a certain maximum, each associate’s
contribution to his or her retirement account.
- An associate’s retirement account becomes vested after the associate
has worked for Castle for five years.
- Once an associate’s retirement account is vested, the associate
may take a loan from the account.
- Paid Leave:
Castle provides paid leave to its associates according to the following
- Associates who have worked for Castle less than five years
accrue up to 25 days of paid leave per year, depending on the
actual number of hours they work.
- Associates who have worked for Castle at least five but less
than ten years accrue up to 30 days of paid leave per year.
- Associates who have worked for Castle at least ten years accrue
up to 35 days of paid leave per year.
- Associates can accrue up to a maximum of 300 hours of paid leave.
- Options are available for cashing out paid leave in the first pay
period of each year.
- Holiday Pay:
Associates are paid time and a half when working on eight designated
- Other Benefits Include:
- Free parking
- Shift and weekend differentials
- Recognition bonuses
- Temporary disability benefits
- Disability leave program
- Bereavement leave
- Shared paid leave program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary long-term care insurance
- Voluntary pet insurance
- Voluntary pre-paid legal services
- Educational reimbursement and education days
- Web-based education programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Educational/certification achievement recognition, including a
cash award up to $500
- On-site infant care center, for infants 6 weeks to 30 months of age
- Discount for services rendered at Castle Medical Center
- Discounts at the on-site pharmacy
- 10% meal allowance
- Subsidized bus passes
- Castle Wellness Program, including membership in the YMCA fitness
center and discounts at local merchants
- Complimentary flu shots
- Recognition for employment anniversaries (five, ten, fifteen years, etc.)
- The Hōku Awards, which recognize outstanding Castle associates each quarter,
and reward them with $200 cash, unrestricted parking, and a public ceremony
- Acknowledgement in Kū I Ka Mahalo, Castle’s
- Birthday meal and gift shop coupon
- On-site ATM
- Complimentary notary services.